In 1875, Martin Barsch donated land for a new church at Put-in-Bay. The site was approximately 1500 feet west of the corner of Thompson Road. Construction of the new church was commenced in 1875 but was soon stopped due to lack of funds. The depression which begun in 1873 had finally hit Put-In-Bay. The church was actually completed eight years later in 1883. It was a board and batten Gothic structure, very typical of country churches of its time. Mass is Saturday at 6:00pm and services on Sunday at 7:00 and 10:00am.
Random Fact: Put-in-Bay has a K-12 school that is located in the downtown area.