TOP 20 Free Things to do at Put-in-Bay!
Sometimes the best things to do at Put-in-Bay don’t even cost money! With so many examples of nature’s beauty surrounding us, sometimes the best things to do at Put-in-Bay are not the ones with prices for admission, lines, instructions, and crowds. Sometimes they involve opening our eyes to our surroundings and understanding the simple life that is lived at Put-in-Bay. No stoplights, only a handful of stop signs, neighbors are waving neighbors through intersections, community potlucks, pancake breakfasts, Sunday Parades, and more. Perhaps in your travels and visit Put-in-Bay, you will have the opportunity to share in some of our island traditions. Some of our Put-in-Bay Hotels & Resorts offer packages that include free golf carts and discounts on things to do at Put-in-Bay.
We have compiled a list of fun and free things to do at Put-in-Bay Ohio
- There is an abundance of fun & free things to do, so print out this page and bring it along with you!
- Visit South Bass Island, State Park. With spectacular views of the lake and a pristine sunset, there is no better place to enjoy a relaxing day at Put-in-Bay
- Explore the island on a Golf Cart, Bicycle, or Moped from Put-in-Bay’s Put-in-Bay Golf Carts.
- Enjoy live entertainment. Most of the Put-in-Bay pubs feature live entertainment almost every day and night. Visit our entertainment schedule and pick your favorite to enjoy!
- Enjoy a picnic lunch on the grounds of Put-in-Bay’s Perry’s Victory and International Peace Memorial. Ask your park ranger for some interesting historical facts. More than 200,000 people visit the monument annually. Don’t forget to visit the new visitor’s center while you are there!
- Stop by the Put-in-Bay baseball field and enjoy an inter-island softball game. Games are played on Sundays, Mondays, and Wednesdays from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Some games are fun; some are serious as teams compete for the three island crown!
- Visit the Candy Bar, Put-in-Bay’s fabulous island candy store. Take a kid or just be a kid! It’s cool just to walk around and check out all the wild types of candy. Don’t miss the homemade fudge!
- Watch the stars at night! Walk away from the lights of downtown Put-in-Bay, and you will see more stars than you have in a long time!
- Go fishing! Fish off the docks, off the shore, on a boat, or at the State Park!
- Visit the Lake Erie Islands Historical Society Museum. Located behind the Put-in-Bay Police Station, the museum features memorabilia from Put-in-Bay’s past. Take a stroll on the public docks, downtown Put-in-Bay.
- Pick up a copy of the Put-in-Bay Gazette! It’s a great way to catch up on the goings-on about town.
- Visit the Put-in-Bay library behind the Put-in-Bay School.
- Get married! Well, almost. You can get an official/unofficial certificate of marriage at the Window in the Round in the Roundhouse bar.
- Enjoy Put-in-Bay’s unique architecture. Spend an afternoon discovering out one of a kind mix of styles from various periods. Almost every building has a storied past!
- Take a tour of Gibraltar Island. It is located ON the bay, IN the bay, and Ohio State University’s island campus.
- Enjoy a swim at the Put-in-Bay Resort, Put-in-Bay’s award-winning pool, heated, swim-up bar, and open to the public!
- Go to Church! Put-in-Bay has two beautiful churches: Mother of Sorrows Catholic Church and St. Paul’s Episcopal Church blocks from downtown Put-in-Bay. St Paul’s has a FREE history tour of the church on Tuesday Mornings at 9:00 am (other times by appointment).
- Visit Put-in-Bay’s first schoolhouse. It is located on Thompson road between Langram and Put-in-Bay Roads.
- Enjoy the Put-in-Bay antique car parade every Sunday afternoon. It is featuring more than 100 cars! You can’t miss it. It goes right downtown on Delaware Avenue in front of the Edgewater Hotel.
- Watch the Put-in-Bay sunrise on the lake from Victory Landing in the state park. Sip a cup of coffee, let the kids play on the playground, and enjoy the peaceful view. And then, there is the sunset!
Fun Fact: As a general rule, most downtown Put-in-Bay Bars bars stop serving at either 1 am or 2 am, depending on the owner. Most will allow you to stay for another half hour to consume your last drink. Do not leave the bar with an open container as this is illegal in Ohio.